Friday, May 27, 2011

Early Artwork

When Nory brought home her first artwork from preschool, I knew something had to be done if we didn't want to end up hoarding it. I liked the idea of taking pictures and then chucking it, and that is what I've done with the recent art sent home from school. I have no expectations that anyone (including Dan and myself) will ever look at it, but if the whim should take you, you can find it here.  I'll be uploading to this album whenever I clear out artwork from the house!


By the way, I really expected today to be awful. Nory came home from school (she still goes 2-3 times per week for my sanity) with the ominous box checked on her daily report card which reads "I did not nap at all." Ut-oh. I was nursing Elliott so Dan was left to fend with the completely irrational, unreasonable, and miserable little creature who looked suspiciously like our first born. After about 20 minutes of her randomly bursting into tears, we set her in front of Dora on the TV with a pacifier - and she was sound asleep in 15 minutes.

However, in the middle of the night (I was still up with Elliott, so I guess it wasn't the middle of our night yet), she woke up vomiting. And crying, "wash the hands! wash the binkie!" Dan cleaned her up, snuggled with her for a while in our bed, and eventually put her back to sleep.

And she is still sleeping. Now. 12:15pm.

So while my afternoon may yet be miserable, I escaped remarkably unscathed this morning!

And I *hope* that this is a delayed reaction to the chickenpox vaccine she got one week ago, and not a stomach bug that I'm going to have to deal with in an infant...

No comments: