Monday, April 25, 2011

Elliott: the same, but different!


Within a few minutes after birth, Dan and I both commented on how Elliott didn't look a thing like Nory. Until later that day when I pulled up a Day 1 picture of Nory and realized that actually, they looked identical! Elliott has a bit more hair and it is a bit darker, but his face looks very similar. However, to be honest, I think all babies look pretty similar for the first few days after birth.
Nory
Elliott
We are already starting to notice differences in our little guy though!  For one, Nory loved to be swaddled from birth.  As soon as we swaddled her she would immediately snuggle in and calm down. Elliott screams and struggles when we swaddle him until he is free - and wow is he creative on getting free!

Also, I think his toes are longer than hers (actually, he is over 2 inches longer than Nory at birth so his whole little body is longer and thinner than hers was)...

But he is just as snuggly as she used to be!

Which brings us to another difference - when swaddled, Nory would sleep wherever you put her.  Elliott definitely prefers to be skin to skin in order to sleep.  We will be working on this!

Uncle Lindy and Auntie Elsa with the little guy.

More fun pictures from week one here!  It sure is nice to have Dan home this week so that it is so well documented!

1 comment:

Judy said...

These are some lovely pix-and I think Nory and Elliott do look VERY similar. Glad Dan's mom will be there tomorrow to lend a hand...I'm sure you can use it about now...