But sick days are different, I think because Nory, when sick, is not bouncing off the walls quite as much as usual. Today was one of those days. She woke up with a nasty sounding raspy cough so I decided to do the public a favor and keep us quarantined.
We stayed in our pajamas until after nap time - 3pm. We spent lots of time snuggling and reading books. Nory typically moves too fast to snuggle, so this seems like a special treat when it happens.
We played silly games like peek-a-boo. Nory took a 3.5 hour nap - long naps may actually be the real reason I like sick days. I managed to clean the kitchen, make dinner, sweep and mop the floor, call all of our new utilities to turn them on at the new house next week, call and hassle with my health insurance, and still had time leftover to read a couple chapters in my book. Afterward we had a fun video chat with Nana.
If you haven't seen Nory lately you may not be familiar with her new fake smile - what you get when you point the camera her way. It looks a lot like constipation. I somehow thought toddlers didn't develop the fake smile until they were a little older. Alas, I think this one may stick for a while.
Here is a random video I took this afternoon which I am posting simply because I haven't posted a random video in a while. I think Dan taught her the fake smile as the "your face will surely show it" part of this song.
2 comments:
I don't think Seattle is agreeing with Nory- sick twice in a week? She is probably missing her previously over-abundant Vitamin D...or something.
that's one of the cutest videos ever
Post a Comment