Interested in an unmedicated, natural childbirth? Don't waste your money on expensive childbirth education classes! Just follow these tried and true steps for a successful natural childbirth.
1.) Skip "early labor," or have less than 5 minutes between the start of early labor and active labor.
2.) Go through active labor and transition in a car. Note that this step requires a VERY level headed driver.
3.) Meet your labor support (doula or other persons) at home. Have them tell you to hightail it to the hospital unless you want to deliver your baby in the living room.
4.) Arrive at hospital already pushing.
5.) Push baby out.
Complete steps 1-5 in under 5 hours.
By following these steps, you can be sure to have a fully natural childbirth without any of those risky medical interventions! No IV start, no blood pressure checks, no fetal monitoring, no urine samples, no pitossin, and definitely no epidural. Of course, risks associated with this technique include: having your baby on the 101 freeway, having your baby in the living room of your house, gettting a speeding ticket, and having your doctor miss your delivery.
Our story. We were in Redlands at my parent's house after fleeing the Santa Barbara fires. On Friday evening, we were starting to get antsy about being so far from home and had decided to drive back home first thing Saturday morning. Friday night about 11:30pm as we were heading to bed, I had a minor stomach cramp which I thought was just gas, but told Dan, and we decided to head home just to error on the safe side. 11:45pm - we had packed up our belongings, loaded our confused dog in the car, and said goodbye to my parents, assuring them that were were just being overly cautious. 2:15am - arrived home. I'll let you imagine the 11:45pm - 2:15am car ride... let me just say that Dan was an amazing driver to be able to concentrate on the road while I was having contractions about 1-2 minutes apart and begging him to let me out of the car. Our doula Laurel drove right over, arriving about 2:30am. It took Laurel and Dan a while to convince me to get back in the car and then actually get me there once I'd agreed. 3:15am - arrived at hospital ER. This part is a little fuzzy for me, but apparently some guy tried to administer the standard protocols while checking me in, before Laurel's convincing arguments and my convincing screams motivated him to run me up to the delivery room. 3:20am - arrive in delivery room. My own doctor didn't make it, but her backup made it there for the last 30 minutes or so. 4:31am - Eleanor is born!
We're back home from the hospital now, doing well and trying to settle in. Thanks for all of your good wishes! I'll continue to post photos here as well as on our Picasa site as Dan goes through them. It is a testament to how overwhelmed we've been that the baby is almost 48 hours old and he hasn't had a chance to go through his pictures yet. My mom is here taking excellent care of us and will stay for a while.
Nory is wonderful, we are wildly and exhaustedly in love with her already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow...wow...and wow. I'm so impressed! I hope your recovery is quick, complete and full of rest!!
love to you three!
you are SO funny! even when you've just had a crazy labor! (would you say it was more of a traumatic or empowering experience?)
I just love you all so much...get lots of sleep, as much as you can!
Can anyone have more exciting a baby birth that this? Amazing. Kudos to you and Dan. Nory is so cute... Take care and our wishes to you and your family. Welcome Nory.
I cannot believe it!! You just had to have those Mother's Day gifts, didn't you. :-) I am so proud of you and Dan. I cannot even imagine how wild and crazy that car ride must have been. Nory is sooo beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pictures and I definitely can't wait to see her in person. Love you all!
Nory is darling! how precious & sweet~ I love your story! great job to both of you & what an awesome reward to enjoy! happy birthday, eleanor rose & happy mother's day, judy!! so happy for you & can't wait to meet the little one!!~
~lisa w :)
Judy-I am thrilled that all went well (and SOOOO quickly!). And great job Dan for staying calm under that kind of pressure. I'd say you're definitely ready for papa-hood! Nory is gorgeous and I can't wait to see you all..
love,
Aunt j
Congratulations, Judy and Dan!
Judy & Dan!! Congratulations!!! Baby Nory welcome!!! You are loved and are perfect! Love you Judy!
what an incredible story! It put huge smile on my face, way to go! can't wait to meet her!
You are amazing, Judy! She looks wonderful and you told a great story!
Post a Comment