The flip side to my delightfully good sleeper, is that when she is awake, she is ON. Full blast. She can run laps around our house for hours. And thank goodness we have a bigger house because now her race track is that much bigger! Nory will also climb up anything in her path.
She will throw anything that she can get her hands on - I've been working hard trying to teach her to only throw soft things like her stuffed soccer ball, but with limited success. She throws with both hands, but her left handed throw is a lot further. Her aim is also surprisingly accurate, she can throw a ball to me across the room well enough that I can usually catch it!
She also eats - a lot. If I gave her food all day, she would eat all day. As it is, I try to keep to mealtimes and snacktimes. Not only is this easier for She Who Prepares Food, but it is also a lot easier to keep food away from the dog(s) when Nory doesn't have food with her all the time. Keeping a constant supply of healthy food for my little eater is a challenge for me. "I am hungry. Are you hungry, mommy?"
See the bandaid on her thumb? The result of doing a full sprint face plant in the middle of Pottery Barn last weekend. At least she landed on her hands, not her face!
Sometimes, instead of running laps, Nory dances. She has a stuffed animal that plays "Two Minutes of Sleepytime Music" when you squeeze its paw. If this music promotes sleepytime, I am the easter bunny. She may not quite have rhythm down yet, but no one can doubt her enthusiasm!
1 comment:
Very cute. Sounds familiar.
Hint from the been there - save your time teaching her only to throw soft things and move straight to teaching her only to throw when outside. You'll find that even "soft things" when thrown at point blank range at your beautiful, newborn baby boy's head that throwing soft things is way less of a good idea than you thought. Just saying. We had Moira home about 2 days before we had to eliminate the soft items rule and move to the outside rule.
Post a Comment