Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wisconsin

Darn, we'll have to check her!

Last week, grandpa Sandy turned 60. So, much to his surprise, Dan, Nory, and I, as well as uncle Lindy and great Aunt Anita, all flew in for a birthday visit. Our little family flew out of LAX late Friday night on a red eye into Minneapolis, where we met up with Lindy. The four of us then flew from Minneapolis to Madison. Anita had secretly flown in the night before, arriving late, and hiding out in the house waiting for us to arrive Saturday morning. Sandy's best friend Dave had also driven up from Chicago. Everything went according to plan and boy was he ever surprised when all of us walked into the kitchen on Saturday morning!

Happy Birthday grandpa Sandy!

Nory was an okay traveler, she didn't sleep perfectly so she arrived in Wisconsin tired and cranky. But tired and cranky Nory is still a pretty fun kid. She enjoyed her time in Wisconsin, although I think she preferred her indoor time with her new books and blocks to her outdoor time where I bundled her up so tightly she could hardly move and then took her for a walk.

Nice to meet you, Auntie Anita!

These blocks are fun... but the packaging is my favorite!

Really mom, what were you thinking???

Out for a walk

Dan, Lindy, and Sandy went ice skating on one of those frozen lakes they have there. The snow was old and crusty, so I think Nory just assumed it was some sort of cold bench and not the fluffy stuff that snowmen and snowballs are made of!
Sandy and Lindy ice skating

What part of GET ME INSIDE did you not understand?

Unfortunately the way home was not as easy. I think Nory was trying to tell us she was done with traveling. She was definitely one of "those babies" on the plane, and I apologize to all the other travelers going from Minneapolis to LAX on Sunday night.

Was traveling across the country for a less than two day visit with an infant difficult? You betcha. But was it worth it? Absolutely!
I love my grandma!

1 comment:

Judy said...

LOVED the carry-on bag check shot...just so cute i had to LOL!