For starters the high in Santa Barbara was 80 degrees - which meant that we spent most of the day outdoors, reading in the shade, biking, napping (in the shade, on the back porch), and running (well, Finny and I went running).
Dan bought Nory this Valentine balloon. She LOVED it. And yes, I use the pass tense, because Nory managed to untie the string from the balloon. Note to self: do not give baby balloon outdoors.



Later we put together our new bike trailer (thanks Uncle Lindy!) and rode to lunch in Isla Vista. I had forgotten how much fun it was to go on a just-for-fun bikeride! Nory did not love her helmet, but it was non-negotiable, which meant that our first family ride was tainted with some tears. (Please note, and be impressed by, how brave and trusting I am in my blog friends to be willing to put pictures of me in spandex on the internet. Just promise me not to maximize your window in a big screen when you view these pictures.)

And a few just for fun pictures of Nory crawling this morning. Yep, she crawls. I think she's been crawling for a while, but unfortunately there is nothing in our entire house that she wants more than to pull up the edges of our area rugs and chew on pieces of the mats underneath - which are never more than 2 or 3 crawl-steps away. So for a long time (1.5 months) I've been thinking, well, she can almost crawl, but she can only go 3 steps! However when I took her outside this morning and she had a little more space with which to work before coming across something as tempting as the edge of a rug, she crawled all over the place (albeit still very cautiously).
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
1 comment:
I love the picture with her toothy grin!
Post a Comment