Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dinner - it is all in the name

You know how right before you go on a trip, you don't want to buy any groceries? We're leaving for Seattle on Tuesday, and our refrigerator is looking pretty sad right now. Tonight as I was riffling through it, hoping for a sudden gust of inspiration, I stumbled upon an old-ish Trader Joe's pizza crust dough that I hadn't gotten around to using. The pizza dough combined with a can of chicken, barbecue sauce, and some cheddar cheese to become:

"BARBECUE CHICKEN CHEESY FLATBREAD"

And I tell you what, it is all in the name! I announced cheerfully to Dan that "cheesy flatbread" was on the menu, and I kid you not, we ate it and smiled! "Could I have another piece of cheesy flatbread, please?" If only I can trick toddlers this easily, I'm going to be a great mom after all.

Also, does anyone have any idea why these baby backpacks are rated for 9+ months? We put Nory in it for a while today and she LOVED it. Seems a shame to wait another 5 months to use it!




2 comments:

Keren said...

I think it has to do with neck control and sitting up muscle development. If you are doing long strenuous hiking you could be fatiguing her more than her little muscles can handle. I bet it would be fine for short little walks though.

Judy said...

I think you're ready for the "Feed Me" book passed from your mom to me and back to you...that's the kind of great stuff in there...