Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Facebook

I succumbed to facebook. I hadn't ever joined before, partly out of principal, and partly because it seemed like an avenue for at least a short term internet addiction, which seemed like a really really bad idea while I was working from home. It was a bit like owning a cell phone - before I had one, I thought I didn't need one, how annoying for people to be able to reach you all the time, etc etc. Then, the moment I finally got one, I realized how awesome it is to have a phone handy!

So, yesterday I was sitting eating breakfast with Nory on my lap, feeling a bit lonely, and thought, "I'm going to join facebook and see what's going on out there!" By the end of the day, I had made 52 cyberspace friends, which is about 50 more friends than I currently have in Santa Barbara. Then I spent the rest of the day (Dan joined me when he got home) reading about people's cyber lives. It's amazing how fast you can catch up with people you haven't seen in 15 years by skimming their facebook pages and pictures! "Congratulations on going to college/grad school/getting married/having kids!"

Gotta go check my "wall" now! I promise not to be one of those people who only publishes photos on facebook for the "in" crowd to see, and as a testament to that you can find Nory's week three pictures here.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hey Jude!
I love the little hand in big hand pic-quite wonderful...
Hope we see you soon!