Saturday, March 28, 2009

So this is love


This week, I was convinced yet again that my husband is the best husband in the whole universe. You might have your own ways of being convince about your own husbands or wives, but I maintain that my way is foolproof.

The "healthy diet healthy baby" trend continued this week, including Garlicky Braised Kale with Balsamic Vinegar and Capers. It was so bad, I actually gagged over the first few bites, but I persevered because I was determined to a) consume leafy green veggies, and b) not admit to my own terrible cooking. But Dan? Dan ate ALL of his. An entire gigantic mountain of kale disappeared off his plate, and I was watching so I know it didn't go to the dog (not to mention there was no way the dog would have eaten this). He didn't even complain. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, then the way to a woman's heart (or at least mine) is through eating her really, REALLY bad cooking!

Luckily for both of us, this is not something we have to discover very often :-)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah, you two are too cute. :)
I think your proof is indisputable.

Abby said...

I haven't tried this yet, but my friend Tutti makes "green smoothies" and gives her recipe here:"

http://shewhoislaughingorcrying.blogspot.com/2009/03/green-smoothies.html

Caleb makes us smoothies all the time with frozen fruit, protein powder, flax seed oil and water...I'll bring home some kale this week.