Saturday morning started with an excellent breakfast at Sambos with Jason and Abby, after which we all headed to the camera shop (which drained about 70% of my existing energy). Then, we headed down to Ventura to do some much needed Target shopping. The Target expedition was relatively successful, which gave us the courage to enter Babies R Us. I should have known that attempting Babies R Us on the same day as the camera store was a bad idea! Once we got there we decided we might as well register for stuff, mostly just to keep track of which things we liked, so we could look on-line later and remember what we had picked out.
We started with good attitudes!
Phase Two: The Beach
Luckily for us and our recovery needs, it was an absolutely gorgeous weekend in Santa Barbara. On Sunday afternoon we drove down to the extremely crowded Butterfly Beach. You know how Green Lake in Seattle is always super crowded any time the weather is sunny and gets above 50 degrees? Apparently the cutoff in Santa Barbara is more like 80 degrees, since we had certainly never seen so many people at the beach in the past, and it is always sunny.
23 weeks!
Finny has become an amazing beach dog. You wouldn't believe how well he navigates waves! (The sweater I'm wearing is to prevent sunburn, not to keep warm.)
The beach worked, by Sunday night we both felt like we were back on our feet again, recovered from Babies R Us. Phew!
2 comments:
Yeah...Babies R Us and I are not friends. I even brought my mom with me on the first attempt to register (I didn't even want to try to register in-store, just wanted to get information about online registering)...it's just way too much stuff...too much visual stimuli, too much overload. And of course they try to tell new moms that they'll need at least 2 or 3 of everything! Bleh. I sympathize!
your little tummy bump is so cute! I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment