So. We've started inviting people over for dinner. And last weekend we hosted a Sake Tasting party for Dan's lab. This morphed into Japanese night. And it was really fun! Well really fun for Dan, and mostly fun for me (although I was on kid duty the entire time, not to mention I don't particularly like sake).
Only at Uwajimaya (Asian grocery) could you find pink dinosaur kid chopsticks!
Edamame. The Japanese have gotten the art of the easy appetizer perfected.
Who knew that there are so many types of sake? Oh that one on the end with a red cap is soy sauce, better be careful what you pour. The unanimous favorite was the pink bottle, an unfiltered sake.
Dan and his work peeps. I was a little concerned when some real asians showed up, but they were either a) very polite or b) totally fooled by my attempt at "authentic" miso soup.
Nory thought the fact that the seaweed is called "Nori" was very funny indeed!
Turns out that sushi rice is a great baby food!
2 comments:
Very fun (and very brave) of you! I am intimidated by Janapanese cuisine but maybe this will inspire me :-)
Judy!!! What a fun dinner party!!! I love reading about you and your adventures with Nory & Elliot & Dan!
Love you,
Liza
Post a Comment