Friday, December 16, 2011

Sledding

Last weekend we went sledding up in the mountains with Uncle Lindy and Auntie Elsa. Except for the fact that the Washington State parking permit system is more complicated than heart surgery, we had a really great time.

I am so grateful to have Lindy and Elsa in our lives. Nory absolutely adores them. She is a very adventurous person and before long I think she'll really enjoy backpacking, skiing, rock climbing, and biking with them!

"Who do you want to ride with?" "Uncle Lindy AND Auntie Elsa!"





Because my kids don't seem to grow the way normal kids do, Nory was still able to fit in her awesome snow suit that the Rutlands gave her last year. It kept her nice and toasty warm except for her hands and feet. Her hands were saved by Auntie Elsa's magic hand heaters (those chemical things that you shake and then they get warm) and a pair of Daddy's gloves.

Everybody had lots of turns except mommy, who was keeping Elliott nice and warm.

After sledding we warmed up with some hot chocolate (thanks, Uncle Lindy!) and snacks and then went out for a short snow shoe hike. Short, because after the first 1/10 mile, Nory was sobbing, "there's ice in my toes!" Rain boots simply do not do the trick to keep little 2 year old toes warm. I think some warm boots and mittens will be on Nory's Christmas list from Santa this year!

On the way home, we stopped at Snoqualamie Falls because a) Elliott needed a snack and b) Dan had never been there (how did that happen??). Dan had his Camera so perhaps I'll post more photos of this later.

Here are a few fun videos of sledding.

Lindy and Nory:

Lindy gets a running start:

This is kind of a dumb video but you can see the hat I made Elsa :). Right before this Nory kept saying, "That was a crazy ride!" but then got camera shy.

1 comment:

The Winger Family said...

Kylee must grow at the same rate as your kiddos! I'm able to use a lot the same Christmas clothes this year too :) nice on the budget yea?