Monday, October 17, 2011

Swimming

The past few weeks I have been taking Nory swimming once per weekend. The pool by our house has open swim from 12-2, and now that Nory is a little more flexible with nap time, we can go for an hour or so. She hadn't been in a pool in over a year so I wasn't sure how she would do.

The first week Dan came with Elliott and took some pictures. Nory cried for 10 minutes before she would even consider going in the water. Once she was in, she hung on for dear life for another 10 minutes.


But before too long, she was having a blast.


The pool is freezing (to the casual swimmer); they keep it at lap swim temperature. So within 45 minutes Nory's face turns blue and her lips start chattering. Nevertheless, she never wants to leave! I-I-I-I'm n-n-n-not c-c-c-c-cold!


The second week she walked right in, blew bubbles, and jumped off the side into mommy's arms. By the third week, I practically had to run after her from the locker room to keep her from diving in on her own, she was happy to go all the way under water, she climbed in and out of the pool over and over on her own, and floated on a "turtle" without mommy's help. I sure love seeing her enjoying the water and it has become a favorite Mommy-Nory date every weekend that we do all by ourselves, leaving the boys at home!

I even got her a new swim suit, since her 18 month one from last summer was pretty small. She's so cute in her new ladybug swim suit!

2 comments:

Keren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keren said...

ummm is that first swimsuit from last summer the one you sent us? Because the one we got (that looks exactly like it) was actually 12 mo. And I just.barely.squeezed Wendy into it when we went swimming last Sunday!