Saturday, June 4, 2011

SUN

Well I'll tell you something, living in the PNW after 2 years in Santa Barbara sure makes me appreciate the sun when it comes out! And this at the tail end of the girls of the family (Nory and myself) having a very nasty but short lived stomach bug. Ever tried nursing while puking? I don't recommend it. So far the boys have remained unscathed, let's hope it stays that way.

Anyway, our stomachs settled, the sun came out, and the Kleins went out to play! Crappy phone pictures, sorry, I can't find my camera right now.

First, we played baseball! Nory LOVES baseball (you hear that, Charlie?). This is a consequence of living in a house that requires us to drive by a large community baseball park every time we drive home. Sometimes we walk there and watch them play. So Dan bought Nory this baseball bat and some wiffle balls. She isn't quite good enough with hand-eye coordination to actually hit the ball without help, but she sure has a lot of enthusiasm!


This morning we went to the dog park. Gotta love the PNW, I swear it is the only place you can take an adorable 2 year old, a brand new teeny tiny baby, and still get more people mentioning how cute your dog is than even noticing that you brought kids with you. Finny got some much needed leash-free swimming and running.


I even dug out some sun screen for the occasion, although we hadn't used it since we left SB. We needed it anyway since we are going to California next week! Wahoo, vacation!

2 comments:

Abacus said...

No sun in SB today...it rained! In June!!!

Keren said...

Charlie requests a video of Nory playing t-ball. He was looking at the picture and kept saying, "Watch it, Mamma? Watch it?"