Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Grandma's House

Last weekend Nory and I drove to Grandma's house in Walnut Creek - my grandma, that is, although Nory's grandma was there as well.  It was a 5 1/2 hour drive each way and she did GREAT!  Considering she only slept for an hour and a half on the way up, we still only had to stop one time - for gas, a new diaper, and to retrieve all the sippy cups/food/toys/books that Nory had thrown one by one out of her car seat.  I passed most of the time listening to Sense and Sensibility on CD from the library.

Here is a (little c camera) photo document of our weekend.

Nory, of course, was darling, and much attended to by all of her doting relatives.  I brought her one of her favorite toys, the Frog, and she was pretty content to drag it around the house.

 She got to visit with lots of family.  
Great Grandma W

Great Aunt Judy
Cuz-Uncle Jeremy
Nana

We did some lounging...

...and some studying...

...and some cooking...

...and lots of playing.

The grown-ups even got to play Rummikub, a family favorite!

Weekends like this make me really wish that my family all lived closer together.

I was pretty sad when it was time to leave.  Nory and I had a great drive home.  She slept for the first 1.5 hours and the last hour!  We stopped once for gas near Paso Robles.  Can you read the temperature?
Yep, 108

3 comments:

Alison Lum said...

Nory is looking SO BIG! What a fun weekend!

Judy said...

It was so great seeing you both. The third Judy (Judy H)thought BOTH you and Nory were extremely cute!

Sue said...

Thanks for the great pictures - I wish we all lived closer too!!
lots of love
mom, nana