Dan has been gone a little over a week and here are some things I've learned about myself during his absence:
1) I absolutely HATE waking up to the alarm. I haven't set an alarm since he's been gone. I either wake up to Nory or to the coffee pot gurgling every morning (I've been setting it up on a timer).
2) When your husband is out of town you can put EVERYTHING in the dishwasher.
3) Somewhere in the last 4+ years I've forgotten how to wash knives. I've cut myself so many times this week I'm running out of bandaids.
4) I watch a lot of TV/movies after Nory is in bed, which I don't actually like, but it is a good companion for knitting.
5) I knit.
6) I don't eat vegetables. This is ironic because I'm pretty sure Dan doesn't like vegetables that much, and I love them, but I just can't bring myself to really cook when he's gone. Maybe it has something to do with needing to wash knives afterward...
7) I listen to Christmas music.
8) I don't floss.
9) The dog misses Dan as much as I do. Yesterday I caught him dropping his rope on Nory's head trying to get her to play tug with him.
10) The house stays tidier than usual but the kitchen is messier.
11) I really, really, really like being married to Dan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment