Thursday, December 6, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!

We are going out of town for two weekends of December so we got our tree a little earlier than usual. December SECOND, which means we were out there with the kind of families who have already sent their Christmas Cards and completed their Christmas Shopping. Ha, we fooled them!

This turned out to be a great idea since the selection of trees at the tree lot was much better than, say, the Saturday before Christmas that we are used to. I may have to adopt this early Christmas tree hunting in future years.

Cutest hat, ever. I dare you to disagree.

Trees!

This one! This is OUR TREE!

He didn't do all the work, hey, I carried the saw!

Let's just say that this complimentary candy cane did not get hung on the tree.

Ready to roll!

Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree! How lovely are your branches! Notice all of the ornaments are above 3.5 feet? It's that kind of a year!

BAD TREE!

Casualty.

Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, you are not as fun to decorate for the second time in one evening!

You may have noticed that we had a little, ahem, trouble with the tree. Well what do you expect with two small kids and a huge dog???

Okay okay, as much as I would love to blame the kids, this was total user error on the part of Dan and myself. We hadn't put the tree in the stand correctly. Oops! Next year you better believe we will be checking it twice!

Merry Christmas Tree Decorating to All, and to All a Good Night!

2 comments:

Sue said...

how about a third time? We have just the tree ready to cut....

Meme said...

Judy!!! I have sooo been wondering what had happened to your tree :)... I love getting our tree the day after Thanksgiving, but alas we just got it today.. :)... Hope you and your lovely family has an amazing triP!!!
Love you!
Me