Tuesday, July 24, 2012

15 Months!

First, can I just tell you how much I am enjoying this moment: our carpets are clean. PROFESSIONALLY clean. The guy just left. After 14 months of mopping up spit-up everywhere, I decided that professionals were in order, and so to celebrate Elliott's 15 month birthday and the end of constant regurgitation I scheduled carpet cleaners. You should come by and enjoy them with me. RIGHT NOW. Before the kids wake up and spill something on them.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. Here.
Elliott is 15 months. 

What can I say about Elliott, besides that he is the world's cutest 15 month old? We clearly paid our dues early with this one. He is such an easy going, happy, sweet, robust toddler. Key word: robust. Very important when your favorite skills involve things like wiggling up the dining chairs and onto the kitchen table when your mom isn't looking. Also very important when you think you can do everything a 3 year old can do. And also very important when your 3 year old sister thinks you should be able to do everything a 3 year old can do.






Ta-da! Nory's breakfast! So much better than mine!

Clearly high chairs are for wimps.

Elliott has had 8 teeth for at least 6 months but is holding out against the ninth. Those molars just refuse to show up. So mommy continues to chop his food into tiny swallow-able pieces.

He loves cars and makes the cutest little car engine sound as he drives them around the house. Which brings me to another point - he is trying very hard to communicate.  He says "mama" "dada" "dog" and "bird" pretty clearly. I think if we slowed down long enough to listen carefully, we would notice many more words in his vocabulary.

Speaking of cute, did you know that temper tantrums could be cute? Elliott has recently started throwing temper tantrums when he gets mad. This usually involves stopping, looking around for a clear spot, walking over there, collapsing into a "downward dog" yoga pose with his bum straight up in the air, forehead on floor, and finally bursting into tears. In that order. I'll try to get a picture sometime. Unfortunately for Elliott, his temper tantrums always cause me, and any other adults nearby, to burst out laughing - probably not the effect he is going for.

He also loves balls. Small balls and big balls and plastic balls and rubber balls and soccer balls and basket balls and ping pong balls. He can dribble a soccer ball remarkably well.



He has started sleeping with monkey. Cute. Did I mention how cute he is?

Elliott had his 15 month checkup this morning and was perfectly healthy. I seem to keep hearing about sick kids these days so having two healthy ones is something I definitely am thankful for and trying not to take for granted.

And he's getting BIG. You know, for a Klein.

Weight: 21lb 2 oz - 10%
Height: 29.5 inches - 5-10%
Head - 18.2 inches - 10-25%

2 comments:

Judy said...

That is one cute kid! And Jeremy will be very impressed by his soccer skills!

Sue & Tom said...

Go, E!