Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Knitting Comeback

I stopped knitting when I was pregnant with Nory and I haven't knit since then, until recently.  I am one of those people who finds pregnancy to be wildly uncomfortable, and when I was pregnant I couldn't ever find a position comfortable enough to knit in.  Plus, I am an anti-fair-weather knitter.  I only like to knit when it is cold out.  So basically never, when I lived in California.  My last excuse is that when I was living in a small, very crowded house, I just didn't feel like there was room for any superfluous items like yarn.

However, now that I am back in the Northwest, knitting has made a bit of a comeback.  The cold, windy, rainy weather beckons a cup of tea (I also stopped drinking tea in California) and some yarn.

The story behind this hat: I've been feeling really overwhelmed by how little I am doing for K4 compared to K3 - no name, no clothes, no furniture, no presents, no birth or baby classes, no prenatal yoga classes, no swimming, no nothing.  I really want the little guy to know that we really do love him and we are excited to have him join our family!  (Yes it is possible this is just the over-sensitive-second-child syndrome combined with the you-never-know-what-might-happen pregnancy hormones speaking). Taking the photos with Nory and the belly the other weekend really helped me, but I also decided to make him this little hat.  It felt so nice to be doing something special that was just uniquely for him, even if it is just a little hat.


I enjoyed knitting it so much that I decided to knit a hat for my friend Rina's second baby.  She is due a couple of weeks after me.  If the hat looks, well, confused, that is because they don't know whether they are having a boy or a girl.  If they have a boy, they can cut off the flowers, and if they have a girl, they can cut off the pom pom!


I look forward to even more knitting projects before K4 is born!

1 comment:

Meme said...

Ohhh, I love to knit, though I have no idea how to knit cute hats like you. Thank you for inspiring me to pull my knitting out of hiding... Ohhh and a baby present is in the making for little precious K4 and you!
Love you!